Sunday 15 March 2015

Very Merry Weekend!...

First of all, let me just apologise for the state of my blog... I can be such a tech freak at times... if you've noticed, I've changed the style and layout here as, when I first started, I was so focused and excited to get the blog up and running I just made it as simple and easy to set up as possible... now I'm looking to make it a bit more aesthetically pleasing but, unfortunately that meant having to edit some of my posts as the text was the wrong colour, and now my timeline is all outa whack! lol...

Anyhoo... as you can probably tell I'm so happy that it's officially the weekend!...

This week I have been mostly working at my totally boring day job until pretty late every night... I know I shouldn't grumble as it does pay the bills but... there are just not enough hours in the day for me to do everything!... and yes by everything that includes reading, blogging and tweeting ha!... I seriously need one of those Spinning Hourglass necklaces of Hermione's, it would make my life so much easier!

Also, I signed up for the gym last week, and unfortunately I was a little too enthusiastic on Wednesday night... 40 minute cardio session followed by an hour's Pilloxing class... ouch! haha... I think it's one or the other next time!



On a sadder note... this week saw the passing of one of my favourite Authors of all time... Sir Terry Pratchett... his writing was awesome and 'Mort' was the first of his books I ever read, I must have been all of 13 years old and I was hooked from then on... I loved his Discworld Series the most, I even had the computer games!... His books kept me entertained throughout most of my adulthood and a lot of my teens... pure fantasy and escapism at it's utter best... The world will now be a duller place, but we still have his stories to keep us going... RIP Sir Terry... in your own words... 'Don't think of it as dying, think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush.' 



Yes this is part of my actual bookcase... his books always had their own shelf in my home... All Hail the King of Fantasy!!! (Yeah that's right, bow your heads peasants! ;)








So... moving on from the sadness... let's get some happy on and take a look at the reads I've come across this week...

  • Untamed by Ciana Stone ~ A Three Book Set ~ "The men of the Marsh family have spent their lives riding hard, in and out of the saddle.
    None of them have any plans on settling down. Falling in love just isn’t for them. Or so they thought."
    Take a look at Amazon.co.uk
    • Book one: Feels Like the First Time... Unfortunately I'm gonna have to give this 2 stars... this was not the best book in the Trilogy, which is a damn shame really, I just couldn't get into it :(
    • Book Two: When You Least Expect It... I'd give this one 3.5 stars... it was my favourite of the three and the longest story by far
    • Book Three: Colton’s Memory... 3 stars for this one... it's the shortest in the series.
  • At Any Price (Gaming The System Book 1) by Brenna Aubrey ~ When Mia Strong, popular gaming blogger, auctions off her virginity online, she knows she'll make waves. But what she will not be making is a love connection. Her rules are set in stone: One night. No further contact. Take a look at Amazon.co.uk
    • I'm about 82% through this at the moment and it's really good... I should be finished it tomorrow but I'm anticipating the ending... as it's a trilogy I'm hoping it's not too much of a cliffy but I have every intention of reading them all anyway ha!
Hopefully, I'll have a review up tomorrow, it'll be in all of the usual places, just click on one of the links to the right :)


And to finish off, here is a list of the last five books I've downloaded this week, they all link to Amazon.co.uk and have either been free to download or on sale... so click away:


I've had a few wines now so I hope this is alright haha... feel free to share and comment... I should be back up tomorrow with a review... good night and much love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment