Sunday 3 May 2015

A Passion For Romance... Reviews and Bargain Books Galore...

Having had a hectic few weeks here at JOMC's HQ, I've been avidly reading away at any opportune moment I've had spare... As there are only 3 months left before I go on my holidays I've been doubling my efforts and going to my local gym every night... let me tell you I'm aching lol, but I feel better for making the effort...


Anyway, lets take a look at what I've been reading... I know the other weekend I said I was going start City of Bones by Cassandra Clare but, I have to admit that I haven't even looked at the first page yet heehee, but I will read it soon, I just need to be in the right mood :)... I've needed to escape somewhere carefree and happy, and some New Adult books that have been on my Kindle for a good while caught my eye so... here goes ;)

FYI: as usual, main title links are to Amazon.co.uk for all you 1-click fanatics, followed by a brief description, links to Goodreads and some genre #tags...

Welcome to Sugartown by Carmen Jenner - I gave this 3.5 stars... it was a rollercoaster of a read, with unexpected events... it starts off as fun and light then takes a serious dive into darker territory - take a look at my review on Goodreads HERE ~ #NewAdult #ContemporaryRomance #AdultFiction #CrimeAndViolence





It Started With a Kiss by Lindy Dale - A short, sweet novella that only took me a couple hours to read, I gave this 5 stars as it was such a cute story, funny and well written to boot - take a look on Goodreads HERE ~ #YoungAdult #ContemporaryRomance #ShortStories #ChickLit #HolidayReads






All For You by Marquita Valentine - This is the 4th story in Marquita's Boys of the South Series, they're all standalone novellas - this is the first one I've read (because it was free) and you don't seem to have to read the others to enjoy it... I gave this 4 stars as again it was short, sweet and made me smile... find it on Goodreads HERE ~ #NewAdult #ContemporaryRomance #ShortStories






The Little Shop of Hopes and Dreams by Fiona Harper - This lovely little book of Hopes and Dreams was brilliant... the swoonworthy male lead Alex Black had me drooling and staying up way past my bedtime just like the good little bookwhore I am... just a sweet contemporary romance with no graphic sex or bad language, I gave this one 5 stars on Amazon and HERE on Goodreads too so go check it out and read my review ;) ~ #ChickLit #ContemporaryRomance #RomanticComedy




Break You by Jennifer Snyder - 2.5 Stars for this one, I didn't really connect to the characters, it's a freebie and an OK read, I really wanted to love this but it just didn't happen for me, there are plenty of reviewers who did though - gocheck them out, and my review as well of course, on Goodeads HERE ~ #NewAdult #ContemporaryRomance #Drama






http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marriage-Mistake-Alyssa-Kress-ebook/dp/B006SMMW64/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1430671614&sr=1-1&keywords=marriage+by+mistakeMarriage by Mistake by Alyssa Kress - This gets 3.5 stars from me... I know, I know, the cover is horrendous! I was expecting something quick with limited emotional attachment but!... it was quite the opposite... I have to say I wasn't really into this at first, the male lead is very frustrating... check out the reviews on the Amazon link above and Goodreads HERE it's free to download so what have you got to lose ;) ~ #RomanticComedy #ContemporaryRomance #ChickLit #AdultFiction





Ransom by Rachael Schurig - 4.5 stars for this emotionally charged friends to lovers story full of angst, drama and hot rockers!... check out the reviews and download for free on the Amazon link above and on Goodreads HERE ~ #NewAdult #YoungAdult #CollegeDrama #ContemporaryRomance #ChickLit #Musicians








So, I finished Ransom last night, I'm having a break from reading to get this post done and haven't read anything today, no withdrawal symptoms yet but there's plenty of time lol!... hang on where's me coffee gone?... it's fine, I must have drank it, I have another one now... aaaannnd relax!..,

Ooooh and I have some news - I was offered my first real ARC from author Benna Aubrey the other week and I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!
If you look at my previous posts you'll see that I read Brenna's Gaming the System series, see my review HERE on my blog along with links to Amazon and Goodreads where I also published my reviews. Brenna emailed me about reviewing the fourth book in the series, and Jordan's story For The Win (which is available to look at on Goodreads but as it's not due to be released until the middle of June I don't have any links for Amazon just yet)... so anyway, of course I said yesyesyes!!! because lets face it, I was going to read it anyway... and now I get to read it before anyone else which is totally awesome! And I totally promise to post my review here on my blog as well as the usual booky sites ;) here's the cover -




And now for my next trick... check out the bargains I've cleaved from Amazon in the last couple of weeks, ASR = Average Star Rating and #Tags = genres:


I know there's a heap of bargains there to trawl through, and it seems I download more than I'm able to read, so evidently my TBR list is getting longer by the day haha...

I hope ya'll enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it, I may have a change in genre this week but I make no promises as it all depends on what I fancy reading at the time, if you have any recommendations please feel free to comment or contact me via the social media links on the right of the page... check out the blog later for more bargains, recommendations and reviews...


No comments:

Post a Comment