Sunday 19 April 2015

Book Talk... Talking Books...

Happy Weekend my lovelies!...
 
I know I haven't posted anything new (other than the odd review) for a couple of weeks... I do have some excuses though... first of all it was my birthday (see my lovely Sugarskull bag I got from my BFF as a prezzie in the pic on the right!) and you know, we had to go out and celebrate me being another year older lol, and I've also been away visiting family which has been awesome... but I've sadly been back to work since Monday, and although I would love to be able to read, review and blog full-time, I would surely become homeless if I couldn't make my mortgage payments haha!


Anyhoo... Last week I finished the Awaken Trilogy by Katie Kacvinsky... now I don't want to repeat myself here, but, I have to say that this Dystopian series was awesome and if you like the Young Adult and Dystopian genres then this may just be a series for you!... You can browse through the rest of my posts, or follow the links below to read my reviews on each of the books, and there should be links to Amazon and Goodreads on there too...
 
  1. Awaken - I awarded the first instalment of the trilogy 4.5 stars
  2. Middle Ground - 4.5 stars for the second book in the series
  3. Still Point - The final instalment I gave 4 stars


After reading Katie's Trilogy, I felt the need for some Smut... yes... you heard me correctly... I needed what I call a 'Reset Book' (or in this case a set of books) - something quick, light and carefree that would make me feel good after the long, heavy onslaught of emotions that always comes with reading something epic... so this week I decided to give Nicola Marsh's Burlesque Bombshells series a whirl... now I haven't put any reviews up this week so I will make time to post one for the series in the next few days, but for now I'll list them below with links to Amazon and Goodreads where I have already posted reviews for the series... if you like a bit of insta-love in your diet then go check these out, they're full of man-crushes, unrealistically beautiful people, insta-lust and just hotness in general... Enjoy!
  • 0.5 - Before - the prequel... the story of how Jess and Jack first met 10 years 'before' Brash... Download it for free via Amazon or take a look at Goodreads
  • 1 - Brash - ten years later Jack and Jess reunite... see it on Amazon and Goodreads
  • 2 - Blush - Reid (Jess' older brother) and Adele meet at the end of Brash... get it on Amazon and Goodreads
  • 3 - Bold - Chantal and Zane's story was my favourite so far... Amazon and Goodreads
These books don't have cliff-hangers and they could potentially be read as standalone's but, I would recommend reading them in sequence (not sequins, although each to their own) as the characters are all connected.
The next books in the series are all of Zane's brother's stories, they haven't been released yet so I don't have any links for you, but they should go as follows:
  • 4 - Bad - Wyatt's story - should be released in July 2015... just in time to be my holiday read yaaay!
  • 5 - Beg - Steele's story - releasing this year 2015 date to be determined
  • 6 - Burn - Kurt's story - releasing early 2016

In-keeping with my smutty mood I have also read Beneath Him by Komal Kant this week (link to Goodreads and Amazon) - I awarded this book 4 Stars, this turned out to be something different to what I expected and I'm not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing... it's a frustratingly annoying love story that compelled me to keep reading... my review is on the above links so please have a look and see what you think... I'll give you The Blurb here which is really spot on:
 
Sometimes love can start with a little hate.
When Sky Hudson first has a run-in with tall, dark, and handsome Nicholas Ruggarson, she wants nothing more than to throw her coffee at him. He is rude and arrogant, and she is glad she never has to set eyes on him ever again.
Or so she thinks.
It turns out, not only does she have to see Nick again, she also has to live with him. Hired as the new nanny to work for Nick’s affluent family, she can’t seem to get away from the womanizing jerk.
With a hot and cold relationship, and an undeniable attraction between them, Sky might finally be the woman to break through Nick’s arrogance and discover that there is more to him than she ever imagined.
If she doesn’t kill him first.
 
 
Now that I've bored you with all of the stuff I've read over the last couple weeks here's my Bargain Bin List!
   I found these in the sale bin as usual... ASR = average star rating, all links are to Amazon for you 1click addicts, #tags are some of the genres they're listed under:

And last but not least... On my TBR list for this week coming I have:
  • Welcome to Sugartown by Carmen Jenner: It's £1.99 at the moment but it was free when I downloaded it. It has an ASR of 4.4 and genre tags include #Contemporary Romance #NewAdult #RomanticComedy #EroticRomance (just to round off my smutty mood :P)


I can't wait to start reading the Immortal Instruments series, I'll most probably be posting again during the week with some reviews and whatnot... so until then remember...

'Sleep is good, and books are better' George R R Martin.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment