Sunday 7 June 2015

Another Week, Another BookCrush!...

Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... roll up roll up for this week's updates... from the HQ of JustOneChapterMore I have been downloading more books than I can probably read in a month! Ha!...

As usual I'll be giving you a list of the books I've read (two Novella's and a really good Novel) and the bargains I've managed to glean from Amazon... all with accompanying links for all you 1clickers and Goodreaders :)

So without further ado, here are the books I read earlier this week... the main links are to Amazon, and you'll also find links to Goodreads as well where I post all of my reviews






Eternally Human: Blood That Binds by Serenity K Mooon: your link to Goodreads > HERE... I gave this three stars and left a very short review on both links... here's the blurb:
Life as a human…
..in the 1300’s was pretty great. Well, at least for me it was.
My family seemed ahead of the times. They didn’t conform to the social norms.
They appreciated my intelligence and my dreams. They didn’t just see me as a pawn to acquire more land or money.
And, as the usual age for girls like me to be married off to a suitable suitor came and went. My family let it slide, never forcing me into anything and accepting that rumors would spread around town.
I’m glad they were like this, as honestly, I’d never seen myself as a girl who’d marry. It just seemed so… tame.
Well, I’d never seen myself that way until I met Antarus…
Tall with intense stormy blue eyes and a smirk that told of a dark secret, Antarus awoke within me feelings I’d never experienced before.
And, as my eighteenth birthday rolled around my future lay firmly in the never-aging hands of Antarus….
Was I to be eternally human?

Courting Mari by Sennah Tate: your link to Goodreads > HERE... again, I gave this one 3 stars and have left a short review on both links... here's The Blurb:
Marilee Davis
All my life I dreamed of the perfect husband, the perfect wedding, and the perfect life. It's what I was born to do -- be a good wife and mother -- and all I ever wanted. My sister's eighteenth birthday meant that she, too, was on the look-out for a husband. How could a curvy girl like me compete with my model thin sister? There was no chance of anyone noticing me with Sharilyn around -- or so I thought. 
I never thought that when the time came for me to walk down the altar I would be looking for an escape route. I never imagined that the man I would marry would be surrounded by dark rumors of a shady past. 
All I wanted was a way out of this disaster. The only thing I have to do is resist my ridiculously sexy husband for three months. No problem. 
Tristan Fulmore
For twenty years I've been an outcast -- a social pariah. Any invitations I received were solely for novelty's sake; no one wanted to know the truth, they just wanted the danger of being near Tristan Fulmore, the caged lion ready to pounce. 
But that wasn't me at all. I didn't think anyone would ever be able to see past all of the lies and rumors. I didn't even want to fantasize about it when I knew it would never happen. That was, until I met Marilee. 
Most men wouldn't be intrigued by a woman that slapped him in the face. But I wasn't most men. I had to have the firecracker blond if it was the last thing I did. 
I got my ring on her finger and the ceremony went off without a hitch... Now I just had to find a way to get my delectable bride into my bed. Piece of cake. 

Angelfall (Penryn & The End Of Days, Book 1) by Susan Ee: your link to Goodreads > HERE... I gave this awesome book 5 stars... you can check out my review at the links provided, but I will be posting a lengthier one on the blog during the week so watch this space... here's The Blurb:
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.
Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.
Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.
Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.



And now for my usual Bargain Corner...
Here's some 1-Click's I found this week for all you bargain hunters out there ~ in the order I purchased them in:
Links to Amazon.co.uk - Current Price of download - ASR = Average Star Rating - #tags = Genres...
 

These ebooks, downloaded from Amazon, are usually free or under £1 at my time of purchase... I always promote these books at my time of purchase via Twitter - if you'd like to follow me to get some cheaper deals during the week then find me there by searching for @Jst1ChapterMore, let me know how you found me and I'll follow you back :)

I'll be back during the week with some reviews so, until then...........

 

No comments:

Post a Comment