Thursday 11 June 2015

5 Star Review of Angelfall (Penryn & The End Of Days #1) by Susan Ee

I'm always a bit sceptical about reading something with a lot of hype... most of the time I'm left disappointed because I'm expecting something amazing to jump off the page and instead I get mediocre... but let me tell ya... this book deserves all the hype it's given... this now has to be number one on my list under Favourite Paranormal Dystopian Books...

I'm sure you've all read the blurb so I'm not going to rehash it... all I can say is that there's not one part of this book I didn't like... well okay, I'm not gonna lie, I'm a BIG Romance fan and I have to say that it wasn't very generous on that side of things BUT! the storyline itself was enjoyable enough... the attraction is there although it's quite subtle, even if the main characters are both trying to deny it, and there were some very touching moments - I fed off of those like a big underdeveloped scorpion angel sucking the life out of its victim - you'll probably only get that reference if you've read it so don't worry about it!


The characters are very likeable... Penryn is tough, loyal, brave, snarky and funny - yeah she's pretty frickin' badass!... she's had to be the grownup in her immediate family, looking after her sister and mother because, I just have to say this, her mother is just a bit nuts!!!
Raffe's also funny and snarky, and he's Hot!... yeah you've guessed it, I have a huge Raffe crush... so sue m'kay ;)

This story is a lot heavy on the Paranormal element, Susan Ee certainly has one heck of an imagination and a good eye for detail... there are some pretty disturbing images I have floating around my head now that I've finished the book (take note of the Scorpion Angel comment above) Paige should be an interesting character and I'm keen to hear how that turns out... I loved it, it was such a great read I found myself turning my virtual pages for hours after my bedtime... it's amusing and has plenty of action throughout to keep you gripped... and that ending! Oh my goodness I just wanted to take Raffe in my arms and hug him...

I'm a little disappointed that it didn't take me too long to finish, but there are another two books to go and I can't wait to read them... I have the next one ready to go and I'll probably be starting it tonight... it looks like a 'sleep less, read more' situation ha!




The Blurb

It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.
 


Take a look at Angelfall on Amazon HERE
and on Goodreads HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment