Tuesday 16 June 2015

4.5 Star Review for End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days Trilogy)...

4.5 Awesome Stars...
 
This series is freaking brilliant!!!
 
Okay so I'm just gonna gush about Susan Ee and her amazing writing skills... this series was awesome... I read the whole lot (plus an ARC for another author) within a week and I don't usually read that fast, it was so good I could Literally. Not. Put. It. Down!...
 
The first two books got 5 stars from me... book one set the scene and introduced us to the characters, you could feel the connection between Penryn and Raffe... and that ending... oh my gosh!... but as I have said in my original review for Angelfall, it's not over the top on romance, and the same could probably be said for the rest of the series too... it's there in a subtle way that's not in your face...
In book two we get to know the characters and plot better... there were some twists you would expect, but some you wouldn't either... it was lacking a lot of Raffe for the first half which I wasn't happy about but we got to know who Penryn was without him... oh and can I have an Archangel Sword please? Because Pookie Bear is totally badass!...
 
The only reason I gave End of Days a 4.5 Star rating and not a straight-up 5 was because of the ending... it didn't feel as emotionally charged at the end of the book as I was hoping for... it was a fantastic story with an original plot, and it had a really 'good' ending, and one where it could continue if Susan Ee so wishes to do so (and I would definitely be buying those!) but, we got to the point where I thought the main characters would get more romantically involved, and they do for the most part, but! when it came down to it there just wasn't enough for me... I wanted to hear a confession of love come from their lips... I wanted them to say how much they loved each other and fall into a passionate embrace and live happily ever after... you get my drift... 
I suppose what Susan Ee has done is made this a little bit of everything for a wide range of tastes... and it's worked really well because it's hella popular in my reading circles... a lot of my friends love the steamy romances, and a lot of them don't like romance at all, and being slightly in between this seems to fit the bill for both...
 
Anyway, I digress... this has to be one of the best Young Adult, Dystopian, Paranormal Romance series I've ever read... if you like any or all of these genres then do yourself a favour and read these books, they're easy to read, adventurous, original, funny and suitable for age teens and up (says the 36 year old book addict ;) and I highly doubt you'd be disappointed.........
 
 
 

The Blurb 

 
End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee's bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy.
After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They're both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn's sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe's past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.
When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?
 

Here are the series links for all you 1clickers and GoodReaders:

 
Angelfall (Penryn and the End of Days Book One) - Amazon; GoodReads; My Blog Review
World After (Penryn and the End of Days Book Two) - Amazon; GoodReads
End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days Book Three) - Amazon; GoodReads
 

No comments:

Post a Comment